Whiplash is a serious condition that can cause pain and discomfort after an accident occurs. At Dunwoody Chiropractic Center, we help patients recover from whiplash using all natural, gentle techniques. Below are some of the most common questions that our patients ask about whiplash.
What is whiplash?
Whiplash is a condition that occurs when the muscles and ligaments of the neck develop tiny tears. Whiplash occurs when the neck is snapped forward and/or backward, often during car accidents. In addition to car accidents, whiplash also occurs during slips and falls, personal injuries and sports injuries.
What are the symptoms of whiplash?
The symptoms of whiplash include:
- Pain and tenderness in the neck
- Limited mobility and muscle stiffness
- Blurry vision, difficulty focusing
- Headaches and migraines
What can chiropractic care do for whiplash?
Chiropractic care is an all natural form of treatment that can help patients recover from whiplash without the use of medications or invasive surgeries. As your chiropractor in Dunwoody, we use the following techniques to help patients suffering from whiplash:
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment helps to restore mobility and reduce muscle stiffness. Spinal adjustment helps realign the vertebrae to reduce pressure on the spine, which can prevent subluxations and help the body heal from injuries. In addition, spinal adjustment helps reduce pain in the spine, which can help restore mobility to the patient.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique that we use to loosen the muscles and improve blood flow to injured areas of the body. Massage therapy helps improve patient quality of life while they’re recovering from whiplash.
- Stretches and exercise. We teach patients to do stretches and exercises to improve their range of motion and mobility. Stretches and exercises also help loosen the muscles while the body is healing.
- Lifestyle advice. Our lifestyle advice can help patients manage their pain and avoid exacerbating their condition as they heal.
- Nutrition counseling. Nutrition counseling can help patients stay healthy while their body recovers from their injury. In addition, we teach patients how to eat an anti-inflammatory diet, which can help them manage inflammation and reduce their pain.
Why should you see a chiropractor after a car accident even if you have no symptoms?
Whiplash is a condition that may take hours, days or weeks to manifest in injured patients. Patients who delay care after an accident occurs because they think they’re uninjured may experience complications that can haunt them later in life. Chiropractors can identify whiplash before the symptoms have presented themselves in patients, which means that chiropractors can help patients get treatment for their condition in its earliest stages. This can help patients avoid unnecessary pain later in life.
Make An Appointment With Our Chiropractor in Atlanta, GA Today!
If you’ve been involved in a car accident and are seeking a neck pain chiropractor in Atlanta, contact Dunwoody Chiropractic Center. Call us for an appointment at 770-504-4266.